Friday, June 15, 2007

Dad - when I was ...

U may call him daddy, ayah, bapak, abah, appa or some other affectionate names. My childrens called me Baba. I called my father Papa. This one is dedicated to him in conjunction with Father's day.

When I was :

  • 4 years old
    – My daddy can do anything
  • Five
    – My daddy knows a whole lot
  • Six
    – My dad is smarter/stronger than yours
  • Eight
    – My dad doesn’t know exactly everything.
  • 10
    – In the old days, when my dad was growing up, things were sure different.
  • 12
    – Oh well, naturally Father doesn’t know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.
  • 14
    – Don’t pay any attention to my father. He is so old-fashioned !
  • 21
    – Him ? My God, he’s hopelessly out-of-date.
  • 25
    – Dad knows a little bit about it, but then he should because he has been around so long.
  • 30
    – Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks. After all, he’s had a lot of experience.
  • 35
    – I’m not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad.
  • 40
    – I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise and had a world of experience.
  • 50
    – I’d give anything to have Dad here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn’t appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.

To my Papa, Happy Father's Day. I wish u could be with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"To my Papa, Happy Father's Day. I wish u could be with us." Baba, these statement sound so sad..