1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is what you pay "them" for !
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the Quran, computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Learn a new skill or a new language. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy nature and the simple things in life. Go trekking and camping once in a while.
5. Laugh often, especially at your own faults & mistakes. Laugh until you gasp for breath ... so to speak.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9 Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, or even to the next kampong, state or county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
11. If you're not given the opportunity, create them.
12. Don't just add years to your life, but add LIFE to those years.
= AND ALWAYS REMEMBER =
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
And if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!